Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Philly Tent City - 10/18/06

Neil at left, Sarah in pink sweater
(Neil in blue on left, Sarah in pink on right (All pics taken by Patty available at: http://picasaweb.google.com/PAOCEly/PhillyTentCityOctober182006)

Sarah and I took a trip with our sons, Ethan and Ben, to see Tent City. In retrospect, I've learned some very important lessons:

1) GPS units may be great but when they suck, they really suck. It took me about an hour to make (for other people) a 9 minute drive from PSD to the Tent City site.

2) It was nice to see some people I knew and meet some other new folks.

3) More importantly, I was heartened to see Cren Quigley make a very important acknowledgement: That yes, Dr. Fernandes is qualified to be President "on paper" but she's simply not the right person for the job. I was happy to see they weren't engaging in demonization or mockery of the principals in this sad state of affairs.

Sarah had been on her feet covering two classes all day at PSD so she was pretty dang tired. We left after about an hour and 15 minutes but it was fun nonetheless.

Congrats to my good friend Mark Drolsbaugh, Karen Feldmann, and Cren Quigley for a successful event!

No comments: