Friday, January 16, 2004

FireFighter1 class starts tomorrow!

Today, my friends, is my last day of uneducated, ignorance=bliss firefighting. Tomorrow morning, I leave at 7am for Bucks County Fire Academy to begin my formal schooling in firefightin'.

There was one snafu with the interpreter. They weren't able to get one for the first class. This isn't too much of a problem because the first class will be an introductory class and won't cover the actual materials until next week. Next week there will definitely be an interpreter and we'll be all set.

With the recent cold weather in the Northeast, we've been busy. Last weekend, temperatures on Saturday (1/10) never went over 18degrees. Plenty of chimney fires and water main breaks to keep us busy. I missed most of the action as I was in NJ visiting family.

The past few days, we've had similar weather. Today was the coldest. Low temps last night were about -3 degrees. Highs today about 14 degrees. A few calls this afternoon for water main breaks or sprinkler heads breaking. Nothing major.

I'll try and write again this weekend regarding my first FA class.

No comments: